President and first class architect, Atelier AM Co., Ltd.
CEO and president, HOP Group
Born in Ashibetsu, Hokkaido, 1946
Graduated from the architecture department from the Hokkaido Industrial Junior College.
Employed by Asahi Beer and then went to the United States under the auspices of Hokkaido's Young Persons Overseas Dispatch program. In America, inspired by native structures and after returning to Japan studied traditional Japanese buildings. Hired by Fujita Komuten, which was building tea ceremony rooms.
In 1971, received an award from the Science and Technology Agency. In 1989, established a first class architectural firm, Atelier AM, of which he is presently the president. Subsequently designed houses, tea ceremony rooms, hospitals, and other structures. In 1996, with the support of the Forestry Agency and the government of Hokkaido, established Housing Operations Co., Ltd., a system that uses wood produced in Hokkaido.
In 1997, received the Good Design Hokkaido award.
In 2000, received the Sapporo Chamber of Commerce's Entrepreneuer Award for the North. In the same year, received the Hokuyo Investment Entrepreneurial Grand Prix.
In 2004, received the Forest Agency Chief's Award (Excellent Timber Supply System Award)
In 2006, received Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry Award (Excellence in consumer-oriented business field)
At HOP, we prize the skill and talent of architects who can provide harmonize modern, advanced housing features with traditional concepts of formal beauty, creating designs and plans inspired by life and translating them into finished structures. From design to installation, we take a consistent approach to the creation of our architectural works. We believe that a living space can only truly alive if it is made with the warmth and feel of genuine materials. Because we choose our materials with a discerning eye, and have the skills to work them to beautiful effect, we create buildings that are not just houses but homes. Homes that are works of art and craftsmanship. This is the architectural philosophy that guides all of our design efforts at HOP.
That desire to leave behind an object of craftsmanship and pride is lacking in today’s construction industry, where too many buildings show signs of strain just 15 years after they are erected. Will such structures have any cultural contribution to offer 50 years later? But before lamenting that culture is a thing of the past, we have to look closely at ourselves. Japan as a nation boasts one of the world’s richest traditions in architecture and the plastic arts. To bequeath those traditions to successive generations, we need to convey the timeless appeal of Japanese architecture and find ways of synthesizing it with the elegance of modern design. This is true architecture, and we believe there will always be a need for it.
At HOP, we aim to be the source for new ideas for successive generations, injecting artistic experimentation into architectural practice. Our guiding concept is the formation of architecture as art, a positive contribution to the cultural and artistic legacy of Japan.
Trade name: Atelier AM First Class Architectural Studio Co., Ltd.
Established: August 1989
Qualifications:Registered Architectural Studio of the First Class Handing of general construction Registration No. 3402
Paid-in capital: ¥25 million
Representative director: Kazuhiro Ishide, president and CEO
Managing director: Kazuhiro Ishide, president and CEO
Tomomi Omoto, managing director
Toshiko Ishide, managing director
Tadanori Kawabata, auditing officer
Number of employees: 21 (including 7 Architects of the First Class)
North Pacific Bank, LTD, Kita-24-jo Branch
THE HOKURIKU BANK, LTD. Naebo Branch
|Offices :||Sapporo headquarters||Fujita Building, 2-1 Kita 4-jo Nishi 21-Chome Chuo-ku,
Tel. 011-615-7777@Fax. 011-614-8913
|Eastern Japan branch||Queens Tower A 7F Minatomirai 2-chome Nishi-ku,
Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken 220-6007
Tel. 045-224-8511@Fax. 045-224-8513
|Kyoto branch||(across from Kyoto city hall) Honnoji Kaikan 1F
Teramachi-dori Oike Sagaru Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto-shi
604-8091@Tel. 075-257-3075@ Fax. 075-257-3074
|Associated company :||Housing Operation Project inc.
- Fujitakoumuten co.,ltd. Planning office
AtelierAM (ARCHITECTURAL MEMBERS) first-class architectural studio establishment
- For business enlargement organization enlargement first-class architectural studio AtelierAM co.,ltd. It starts as incorporated company.Since then is built at the Architectural Institute of Japan Hokkaido branch every year, work announcement architectural Institute of Japan member and Hokkaido design conference member.
- Fujita Building (Chuuo-ku, Sapporo-shi N4W21). Place Building (Chuuo-ku, Sapporo-shi N23W15),Tree planting plan superior prize award. Place Building (Chuuo-ku, Sapporo-shi N23W15). Aoyama Fuyo salon (Aoyama, Tokyo)
- The first Fuyo Building (Chuuo-ku, Sapporo-shi S1W12).Sigma Clinic (Setagaya-ku, Tokyo)
- The Inouye hospital new-building construction (Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi S7W2).
Nayoro station square development program synthesis plan (Nayoro-shi)
- Sapporo precision guesthouse (Ashibetsu-shi).Taverna ra piazza (Minami-ku, Sapporo-shi S23W11) .
Owada residence (Makomanai, Minami-ku, Sapporo-shi).Maeda central nursery school (Teine-ku, Sapporo-shi Maeda).
Fujiwara residence (Yamanote, Nishi-ku, Sapporo-shi).S coat 21 (Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi N3E8).
Dr. Saitou's office new-building construction (Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi N3E8).
- Tachibana residence (Teine-ku, Sapporo-shi Tomioka).Tokai musical instrument building (Toyohira-ku, Sapporo-shi Hiragishi).Miura apartment (Teine-ku, Sapporo-shi)
- Hisada's residence (Miyanomori, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi).Oak coat 141 (Higashi-ku, Sapporo-shi N14E1).
Susuda's residence (Toyohira-ku, Sapporo-shi Satozuka).Green coat MS (Higashi-ku, Sapporo-shi N22E23)
- Kitanihonseiki corporate headquarter building (Ashibetsu-shi),Good design Hokkaido award.bayashi residence (Makomanai, Minami-ku, Sapporo-shi).Ishikari neurosurgery hospital (Hanakawa, Ishikari-shi)
- Aqua garden (Higashi-ku, Sapporo-shi N21E23).Miyanomori dermatology (Miyanomori, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi).
Rantorebo building (Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi S1W20)
- Sun ward trade single dormitory (Toyohira-ku, Sapporo-shi).Mezondo veil (Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi N2W23).
Hasegawa's residence (Miyanomori, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi).
- Oba residence (Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi S7W20).Manabe residence (Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi S14W18)
Life dental clinic (Asahikawa-shi)
- Yoneyama residence (Nishi-ku, Sapporo-shi).N2W24 apartment (Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi N2W24)
- Abe residence (Akita-ken).Yoneyama residence (Nishino, Nishi-ku, Sapporo-shi).
Takahashi residence (Sakaigawa, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi)
- East Japan branch establishment.Tanaka residence (Sakaigawa, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi).
Kobayashi residence (Mie-ken).Shimizu residence (Nagoya)
- Kyoto branch establishment.Kobayashi residence (Kyoto).Togashi residence (Yamanote, Nishi-ku, Sapporo-shi).
Narumi residence (Chitose-shi).Noguchi residence (Chitose-shi).Kobayashi residence (Yokohama)
- Founded the “Nonprofit Organization Moriwotateyou Net Work”
Haga residence(Obihiro-shi).Nagayama residence(Tokyo-to). Tanooka residence(Asahikawa-shi)
- Nakamura residence(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi).Sasahara residence(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi).
- Received an award from the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (a consumer-oriented quality company) as a business for implementing the timber supply system.
Omori residence(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi).Sato clinic(Ebetsu-shi)
- HOP Obihiro branch establishment
HOP Asahikawa branch establishment
Exhibited MIYANOMORI HOP HOUSE
Kashiwabara residence(Kyoto).Sudou residence(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi).
Hanaoka residence(Kitami-shi).Taira residence(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi)
- Published the World of Kazuhiro Ishide and Atelier AM (published in 2008/ ART BOX company).
All three companies which are an HOP group receive the certification of SGEC.
Developed and obtained a patent of a wood drying/treatment technology for thinned wood from planted forest.
Nirenoki animal hospital(Obihiro-shi).Miyake residence(Tokyo-to).Hall residence(Abuta-gun,Niseko-cho).Kato residence(Kato-gun,Shihoro-cho).Sasajima residence(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi)
- Ishide Kazuhiro, Representative of HOP group, was featured in “CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE IN JAPAN vol.3”(published by ART BOX international)
Published a report “Seizan Ryugi”.
Moved and expanded Obihiro office.
Masutani residence(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi).Kanazawa residence(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi).Phillip residence(Abuta-gun,Niseko-cho).Sugihara residence(Tokyo-to).Tsukui residence(Tokyo-to).Ito residence(Shizuoka-shi)
- Won Special Environment Prize at “Japan Venture Awards 2010” hosted by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan.
Produced “Toy Blocks made by Carpenters”, utilizing wood offcuts in Hokkaido.
Sawai residence(Obihiro-shi).Nitori residence(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi)
- Hokkaido IT management Contribution Award hosted by Ministry of Economy,trade and Industry.
Sato residence(Kanagawa).Takeda residence(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi).Saito residence(Toyohira-ku,Sapporo-shi)
- It was picked up by "Kateigaho", nationally distributed in Japan, and by a television program "Tatemono-Zukan", and other.
Kanenobu residence(Tokyo-to).Imoto residence(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi).Mochida
- HOP Factory participated in LWL - Living Wellness in Luxury.
LWLfs lifestyle concept of new era that seeks comfort and luxury at home attracts the worldfs top brands.
- Grandly opened HOPfs New Concept House, orchestrating the worldfs top brands (LWL).
EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 Japan an entrepreneur awarding system.
As the first project of HOP New Concept House Gallery, we held exhibition of Bizen Fujiwara Sandai - Genealogy of Living National Treasures, Kei, Yu and Wa -.
HOP Concept House(Chuo-ku,Sapporo-shi).Omura residence(Chiba-ken).
- The new brand "STEP LINE" has started.
The announcement of "STEP LINE 100 PLANS" which seeks living space that fits life nicely with the concept of "Simple & Smart."
- HOP 20th Anniversary.
Mr. Kazuhiro Ishide assumed the position of Chairman, Representative Director and CEO of HOP Group Holdings Inc. as well as the position of Chairman and Representative Director of Housing Operation Architects Inc.
Ms. Eriko Seki assumed the position of President and Representative Director of Housing Operation Architects Inc.